The project aims to create paths of civic and social education addressed at young people, through autobiographical methodologies and digital storytelling.
The StoryDeC project is addressed at youth trainers, youth training associations, social promotion associations and policy makers in the educational field, at national and European level.
During the project the 7 partners created innovative paths of civic education through non formal educational paths based on methodologies that we consider particularly effective with respect to the educational purpose of the project, ie autobiographical methodologies and digital storytelling.
The choice of these methodologies is linked to different factors:
- the autobiographical methodologies are a powerful tool to activate personal reflection but also empathy (through the collection of stories of others), as well as knowledge of social and civic competences (through the collection of experiences concerning the recent European history, and the struggles for social and political achievements);
- digital storytelling is seen as an educational opportunity that combines ICT and creative learning methods to actively involve students.
Through these methodologies, and the educational tools and paths created by StoryDeC project, the students can:
- explore its relationship with the issue of participation and social change;
- knowing actively, through the voice of other people, important aspects of the social life, as well as recent history at national, European and international level, to develop critical knowledge, and encourage active participation in the community;
- develop a series of key competences, such as the ability to create texts and narratives, the ability to use ICT tools. Gain skills related to the historical context, and above all civic and social skills.
- Youth trainers
- Youth training associations / social promotion association
Policy makers in the education field at national and European level